Finding the right garage door for your property is a bigger task than you think. Aside from the style and design, you should also consider its durability and the space available in your garage. Roller garage doors offer several benefits. With their style and durability, they may also be the best option if you have limited garage space.
Advantages of roller garage doors
Here are some benefits of using roller garage doors.
Saves garage space
A small garage space can be a big problem. Fortunately, the best garage door manufacturers Melbourne has today can recommend some options to help you maximise your space. For example, they may suggest that you choose a roller garage door for your property since it doesn’t take too much space since it only rolls up or down.
Improved safety and security
Roller garage doors are made from strong and durable materials that do not easily fall back. They can also withstand heavy impact.
Insulated roller doors will not just maintain heat within the garage. It can also help reduce the noise levels coming from outside of the garage. It can also protect you from pests and all types of bad weather conditions.
Roller garage door maintenance tips
Here are some preventive measures garage roller doors Melbourne experts would like you to know about.
- A scraping or grinding noise, as well as jerking motions, during operation is a sign that there is something wrong with the garage door.
- Check if the pulleys, cables, and springs are symmetrical.
- Broken strands and damage to high tension cables are also a sign that your garage door needs repairs as soon as possible.
- Manually move the door halfway up to check the balance. You can do this by pulling the cord to disconnect the opener. If the door doesn’t stay open, then you need to call in an expert to fix it as soon as possible.
- Clean the guide tracks using methylated spirits. Do not lubricate or oil the guide tracks.
- Examine and tighten loose roller brackets and bolts using a socket wrench before lubricating any garage door part.
- Lubricate the rollers, spring, and hinges every few months or so. Choose a white lithium grease or silicone spray instead of WD-40 for lubricating your roller doors.
- Before wiping off the debris with a clean cloth, make sure to dislodge any dirt buildup using an old toothbrush for metal rollers with unsealed bearings. Spray just enough silicone oil on the bearings to avoid dripping of oil.
- Nylon rollers with sealed hinges don’t require lubrication.
- Wash the door at least once a month with a cloth and clean water.
- Replace the weather seal on the bottom of the garage door when it becomes brittle, dry, and cracked.
- Have your garage door serviced at least once every 12 months by a professional to ensure optimal operation.
- Have a professional replace chipped, worn, or cracked rollers as soon as possible.
Roller garage doors are a great option if you want a sturdy and trendy garage door – even if you have limited garage space. The team of experts at Eco Garage Doors are more than happy to assist you in finding the best garage door for your property. For more details, visit at https://www.ecogaragedoors.com.au/melbourne/roller-garage-doors.